Friday, July 17, 2015

The Beer Mile


The beer mile it's an actual thing.  You down a 12oz beer, you run 1/4 mile, you down a 12oz beer, you run 1/4 mile, you down a 12oz beer, you run 1/4 mile, you down a 12oz beer, you run 1/4 mile.  You do this as fast as possible and hope not to puke.  I realize this all sounds like a terrible idea but like I said it's a thing.  KC Running Company put this race on in Martian City.  It was an out and back 1/4 mile so you ran out and back twice stopping for your beer each 1/4 mile before crossing the finish line.

Before the race with some superstar beer milers.  My stomach actual hurt a little before the race but was fine after.


Nick Symmonds is pretty good at running the beer mile.  My performance was pretty much the same.

           

Or not so much.  It took me 15:03, chugging beer is hard.  The beer was made by Martian City Brewery.  It was good except not exactly what I would have picked for running.  I think a warm bud light would have gone down a little easier.  I didn't puke.  Lots of burping as I ran which was completely necessary.


Got a cool t-shirt and felt well enough after to sit and enjoy a beer so all good.  



1 comment:

  1. I knew the birthday card I sent you was the right one!

    ReplyDelete