Thursday, July 23, 2015

Nike Training & Nike Run Club


Last month I was invited to go to a Nike training event with a Nike master trainer.  It was like the Nike training app in person.  


With Nike master trainer Flor who took us through a workout full of high impact squats, lunges and pushups.  


This Saturday Nike is throwing a training workout with Nike master trainer Flor Beckmann at the Kauffman center @ 10:00 am.  It is free and based on the two events I went to will be super fun.  This is assuming your idea of fun is a hard workout.  There will be healthy snacks and a Nike fashion show afterwards.  I would go but apparently my employer expects me to work Saturdays, so you should go and tell me about it.  You can sign up here.


Monday evening at Nike Run Club was the Kansas City kick off to find your fastest mile.  It was held at liberty memorial in Kansas City right across the street from Harvey's in Union Station where I wait tables.  I wanted to go to the event and in usual Gretchen style she was super pumped to go but then her enthusiasm quickly dropped once we arrived.  She did enjoy a blue Gatorade and then hung out in the shade of the tent playing on my phone during the event.  



One of the pacers giving a little talk about finding your personal best mile.  We started with a warm up jog then a series of warm up and running form drills.  Then it was time for the mile run.  It was a 1/3 mile course so three loops down hill then up hill in front of liberty memorial.  I think it was a cool 90˚ out.  You got with your pace goal group and went for it.  


I'm certain I can do better.  So if anyone wants to meet up for a liberty memorial fast hilly mile let me know.



Selfie with Gretchen, she enjoyed the oranges and Kind bar snacks.







1 comment:

  1. That's just your fastest hot and hilly mile. You def have a faster mile in you.

    ReplyDelete