Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Back From Holiday Break


Last week Gretchen and I spent our time out at my parents house with the rest of family for Christmas.  I thought it would be so easy to get bunches of miles in since I would have built in babysitters at the house.  But some days were so cold and some days were packed with activities so a little harder than I planned but I managed to get in 42 miles for the week so pretty good.
Mon:  4 miles at the gym after work
Tuesday:  4 miles outside down BB hwy by my parents house.
Wed:  6 miles on the treadmill in my parents basement.  I had to get up early for this.
Thur:  3 miles on gym treadmill before class in morning and 4 miles after class at night
Fri:  11.25 miles outside my parents house on hwy
Sat: 6.75 miles outside but back at my house
Sun:  It was a warm 16˚ out but I had a few hours to myself so after half a mile on the treadmill to warm up I headed out.  I of course layered properly and then for the first time covered my face in vaseline.  There have been a few times this winter I thought I needed it so I went for it today.  It helped but still so cold on the face outside.  I managed 4.5 outside before heading back in.


I know what you're thinking.  "No more shinny than usual."

Monday:  I just jumped on the basement treadmill for 3 miles then got to try out teaching cycle class at the gym.  I planned out a routine and thought it went super well, and super fast.

Tuesday:  6.5 on the treadmill at the YMCA and that is it for the year.

1 comment:

  1. Who are those gorgeous gals in that first picture? hehe. Your face definitely looks more shiny and coated in vaseline. It was 37 today for my run, not too bad.

    ReplyDelete